Blue Eye Logo

Blue Eye Macro

Automation is freedom
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to Handle Spam
Thanked: 4 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:26 am 
VIP Contributor
VIP Contributor

Been thanked: 183 time(s)
Has thanked: 43 time(s)
Contribution Points: 13216
I have noticed recently that some of you have been posting on threads that were created by SEO spammers. As a moderator, I constantly look for new threads created and seeing a thread with 0 replies immediately gets my attention. If the name of the spam thread is not overly obvious and no one has reported it, checking for unanswered posts is the next easiest way to check for spam. The best way to deal with spam on the forum is to either report it, or send me a PM. I would prefer you only send me a Private Message if there is a large amount of spam showing up on the forum.

Under no circumstances should you post on a spam thread. Though most of you have good intentions when doing so, some users use spam as a way to try and boost their post count and CP. So as of now, if I notice a user consistently posting on spam threads that user will receive a warning and CP reduction. I really appreciate your understanding, and thank you to those users who report spam. It is much more helpful than most people think.

If you have any questions please send me a PM.

Have a good day!

Post subject: Re: How to Handle Spam
Thanked: 3 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm 
Partner / Developer
Partner / Developer

Been thanked: 1344 time(s)
Has thanked: 133 time(s)
Contribution Points: 33201
Another reason for NOT to post inside a spam thread, is that if we decide to delete the spamming user + all his posts, the posts you replied to will still remain - but will now appear as if you started the thread (being the first one to reply to it).

I too find especially the reports very helpful, I can only encourage you to do press the report button when ever you see a post which is spam/out of order.

We do go through every single report, regardless of whether the report is concerning spam, reports of members trying to scam the thank you system or anything else.
We do appreciate all your help, and it makes it a lot easier for us to keep the forum a nice and clean place to hang out for all of us.

Please read the rules about contribution points - click here

Do you know everything about BE, the forum, licenses and contribution points?
Please take a minute to read this introduction & guidelines.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]